[rules-users] Can eval($param) be used as condition in the Spreadsheet decision table?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:05:31 EDT 2011

If you mean in Guvnor, then no you cannot define a predicate not associated
with a pattern I.e. only Pattern( evaluate( <something>) ) is possible at
present. The same question was asked yesterday too so please file a JIRA and
we can look into implementing as it appears to be needed.

If you mean in XLS decision tables then I believe this is possible now.

Use of Templates in Guvnor might be an option for you that supports
predicates not associated with a pattern now by using free form DRL.

sent on the move