[rules-users] Drools Rule Editor based on Eclipse RCP

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Jul 12 10:18:19 EDT 2011

On 12/07/2011 15:08, Justin Case wrote:
> Eclipse has a DRools plugin (on the downloads page) with offered such editors,
> but also they are not supported anymore as far as I understand.
We dropped the guided editor for Eclipse, no one in the community was
willing to help maintain it.

So only the DRL text editor is maintained now for eclipse and the debug
editor and views. But you should be able to get those working in RCP.

Eclipse embeds Jetty now. So it should be possible to build some
variation of guvnor that can be used as a backend to render the editors
in the SWT Browser component for Eclipse.

Mark