[rules-users] Temporal reasoning with external persistence not working

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 00:51:36 EDT 2011

First of all, don't use automated time stamping of events; add a field
carrying the (original) event time. I think you could also run the session
in CLOUD mode.

Also, it may not be advisable to pull in facts and reason over them in the
same rule. Perhaps retrieval and proper insertion of facts should even be
coded in Java, kept separate from the rule logic.

Much depends on the required use cases for running those multiple sessions,
and how canned events relate to other data.

-W