[rules-users] decision tables and default rules for case when part of LHS failes for other rules

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 04:25:34 EDT 2011

If you want to use a single XLS decision table then the answer is still, "no
it's not possible".

If however you willing\able to use DRL then a world of opportunities is
opened to you.

I believe something like this will work - but wait to be corrected - laune?
;)

rule "specific 1"
  when
    SomeObject( someSpecificCriteria )
  then
    insert(new Result() );
end

rule "generic"
  when
    not Result( )
  then
    insert(new Result() );
end

You could (possibly) use two XLS decision tables where the two rules above
are effectively defined in each.

With kind regards,

Mike