[rules-users] Globals from functions...

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:35:39 EDT 2011

Do not know if this helps or explains but I found this in the documentation
in section 5.5.2
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.2.0.Final/drools-expert-docs/html/ch05.html#d0e3313
here .

>From the document:
/Globals are not designed to share data between rules and they should never
be used for that purpose. Rules always reason and react to the working
memory state, so if you want to pass data from rule to rule, assert the data
as facts into the working memory.

It is strongly discouraged to set or change a global value from inside your
rules. We recommend to you always set the value from your application using
the working memory interface./

How I read that is prolly not... However, I am not entirely sure I
understand why you are doing what you are doing...

Hope it points you in the direction of your solution...