[rules-users] Editing Changeset xml file by Guvnor 5.1

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Sat Jul 23 18:06:31 EDT 2011

On 7/22/11 9:17 PM, DroolersEye wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to connect  changeset xml file located in the remote Guvnor 5.1
> running in WAS7 server in a solaris box.
> When I try to integrate the Guvnor using the KnowledgeAgent+Changeset but it
> fails to read the changeset xml. It throws parser exception and 401
> exception.
> Remote Guvnor authentication enabled(using LDAP), I can successfully log in
> to Guvnor and create or edit rules files but in run time throws this
> error...
> "Kagent.addChangeset("remote_location_of_the_changeset_file_url")".
> 1. Is it possible to edit the changeset xml file by Guvnor like other assets
> (to add the authentication details)?
to add authentication you would add the basicAuthentication, username,
and password attributes to the resource elements of your changeset, for
example:

<add>
<resource
source='http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/mortgages/LATEST'
           type='PKG' basicAuthentication="enabled" username="admin"
password="admin" />
</add>
> 2. It is not good idea to reveal the user id and password to hard code in
> the src level (Guvnor can manage like RDBMS connection in 5.2 version)?
There is no way to obfuscate the username and password in the changeset
xml. The values however get encoded (base64) before they get sent over
the wire from your
client app to guvnor to get the resources.
You could create a read-only user for the particular package you are
pulling from and use its credentials..or dont store the changeset.xml
within your app and get it from a secure location on your network for
example