[rules-users] Deprecated Drools packages?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Jul 26 05:27:23 EDT 2011

On 26/07/2011 10:25, Mark Proctor wrote:
> On 26/07/2011 09:35, Andre wrote:
>> wolfgang laun wrote that this would be stable ...
> Anything in the jar knowledge-api is public and stable, everything
> else is deprecated and internal.
See the 5.0.0 new and noteworthy
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.2.0.Final/droolsjbpm-introduction-docs/html_single/index.html

    2.3. What is New and Noteworthy in Drools 5.0.0

      2.3.1. Drools API

Drools now has complete api/implementation separation that is no longer
rules oriented. This is an important strategy as we move to support
other forms of logic, such as workflow and event processing. The main
change is that we are now knowledge oriented, instead of rule oriented.
The module drools-api provide the interfaces and factories and we have
made pains to provide much better javadocs, with lots of code snippets,
than we did before. Drools-api also helps clearly show what is intended
as a user api and what is just an engine api, drools-core and
drools-compiler did not make this clear enough. The most common
interfaces you will use are:

  *

    org.drools.builder.KnowledgeBuilder

  *

    org.drools.KnowledgeBase

  *

    org.drools.agent.KnowledgeAgent

  *

    org.drools.runtime.StatefulKnowledgeSession

  *

    org.drools.runtime.StatelessKnowledgeSession