[rules-users] enums and subclass under guvnor : no listbox

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Tue Jul 26 12:41:47 EDT 2011

done (with repo+src): • GUVNOR-1573

----- Mail original -----
De: "Michael Anstis" <michael.anstis at gmail.com>
À: "Rules Users List" <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Envoyé: Mardi 26 Juillet 2011 18:20:28
Objet: Re: [rules-users] enums and subclass under guvnor : no listbox

Sounds like it.

When raising the JIRA please can you provide an example repo?

Also, please state whether the sub-class a declared type or a POJO in a JAR model.

Thanks,

Mike

2011/7/26 Vincent LEGENDRE < vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com >

Hi all

I have two simple classes : The parent class has a field that is an enum. The other class inherits from the parent class.

Under Guvnor, everything is OK for the parent class : when I add a constraint on the "enum" field, I see a listbox with enum values

But for sub-class, the same field has no listbox, but only a free value text input.

Can you confirm this is a bug? I use Guvnor 5.2.Final.

Thanks !

The code :

public enum Status {

    OK , KO , UNKNOWN ;

}

public class MotherClass {

    private Status status ; // and corresponding get/set

}

public class SubClass extends MotherClass {

    private String message ; // and corresponding get/set

}