[rules-users] Condition syntax to access Map

bolsover david at bolsover.com
Thu Jul 28 03:26:37 EDT 2011

Mark

Thanks for the info - although it was not actually the solution to my
problem, it prompted me to look again at my assertion that there were not
any null values.  In actual fact answerData[0] was null ( I should have been
checking for answerData[100]) and this was causing the error.

You modified syntax is much tidier; I'm now using the following format:

$a : Answer(answerData[0] != null && answerData[0].value_str == "Valves")

This prevents the prior null pointer exception.

Thanks for your input.

David