[rules-users] Condition syntax to access Map

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 09:28:09 EDT 2011

   Yes, that is exactly what I think. Pattern matching constraints are like
query parameters. They need to exist and evaluate to true in order to match.
So, for this to match:

a.b.c == null

   a needs to exist and be non-null, b needs to exist and be non-null, c
needs to exist and be null. So it is not just NP safe navigation... it is an
existence test at the same time. So for maps

a[x].b[y].c[z] == null

   The keys x, y and z need to exist, and c[z] must have a value of null.
That is what the expression above is asking for, in my understanding.

   This presents no loss of completeness to the language, as you can still
test non-existence of keys if that is what you want, but the most common
case you are looking for the opposite and it becomes much simpler to write
rules that way.

> So, a builder option to turn this on is allright with me.

   We can probably do that and have a configuration option to turn this
feature on/off.

   Edson