[rules-users] Smart Templates

ChrisMu christopher.mullard at credit-suisse.com
Wed Jun 1 05:48:47 EDT 2011

I get this exception:
Exception in thread "main" org.drools.runtime.rule.ConsequenceException: rule: RFI1

 at org.drools.runtime.rule.impl.DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler.handleException(DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler.java:39)
 at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireActivation(DefaultAgenda.java:927)
 at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireNextItem(DefaultAgenda.java:856)
 at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireAllRules(DefaultAgenda.java:1071)
 at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:785)
 at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:751)
 at org.drools.template.parser.TemplateDataListener.finishSheet(TemplateDataListener.java:121)
 at org.drools.template.DataProviderCompiler.finishData(DataProviderCompiler.java:100)
 at org.drools.template.DataProviderCompiler.processData(DataProviderCompiler.java:95)
 at org.drools.template.DataProviderCompiler.compile(DataProviderCompiler.java:73)
 at org.drools.template.ObjectDataCompiler.compile(ObjectDataCompiler.java:44)
 at org.drools.examples.decisiontable.TemplateParser.<init>(TemplateParser.java:33)
 at org.drools.examples.decisiontable.TemplateParser.main(TemplateParser.java:18)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: [Error: unable to resolve method: java.util.HashMap.value() [arglength=0]]
[Near : {... Unknown ....}]
             ^
[Line: 1, Column: 0]
 at org.drools.template.parser.DefaultGenerator.generate(DefaultGenerator.java:73)
 at org.drools.template.parser.Rule_RFI1_0.defaultConsequence(Rule_RFI1_0.java:7)
 at org.drools.template.parser.Rule_RFI1_0DefaultConsequenceInvoker.evaluate(Rule_RFI1_0DefaultConsequenceInvoker.java:30)
 at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireActivation(DefaultAgenda.java:917)
 ... 11 more
Caused by: [Error: unable to resolve method: java.util.HashMap.value() [arglength=0]]
[Near : {... Unknown ....}]
             ^
[Line: 1, Column: 0]
 at org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.getMethod(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:932)
 at org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.getBeanProperty(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:592)
 at org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.compileGetChain(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:311)
 at org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.optimizeAccessor(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:137)

My rule template is virtually the same (name is a literal):
rule "DCe_@{row.rowNumber <mailto:DCe_@{row.rowNumber> }"
when
 $service:ServiceBean(name == "DiscountCurve", value == "@{value}")
 $riskType:RiskType()