[rules-users] Create rules programatically

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:43:57 EDT 2011

   David,

   For 5.2 we are introducing a high level API for rule authoring.
Documentation is not ready yet, but you can see the API here:

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-compiler/src/main/java/org/drools/lang/api

<https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-compiler/src/main/java/org/drools/lang/api>
DescrFactory is your entry point.

   Before 5.2, the options are to generate DRL string using templates or
build the *Descr AST manually. Please note that the *Descr classes are
internal and might change from version to version.

   Edson

2011/6/1 David Godfrey <davidgodf at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Can someone point me in the direction of documentation or code examples for
> the following? I want to programatically create rules for execution, e.g.
> within my application I will hold criteria which users will define, at
> runtime I would like to build a component to extract these values (from my
> app database) and build rules based on those values. Everything I've seen so
> far seems to talk about using DRL files, ideally I want to programatically
> create the entire rule in Java, and then call Drools to execute my rule set.
>
> Thanks,

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com