[rules-users] Looking for simple drools-camel (non-spring) example

bjh6392 bhart6392 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:52:28 EDT 2011

Since the drools pipeline is deprecated, I'm interested in putting together a
simple example using drools-camel that acts as a pipeline between a JMS
queue and Drools Fusion.  The starting point would be no
transformation, just pull pojos out of a queue entrypoint and into a drools
endpoint using camel.

NOTE: We are not using Spring, so am looking for a java code version of how
to do this.

However, in the 5.1 or 5.2 M2 and CR distributions, or anywhere else I've
searched for that matter, I can find very little documentation or code
examples on drools-camel.  The one snippet I did find:

http://lucazamador.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/drools-camel-integration/

uses some objects from the org.drools.grid.local library that don't seem to
exist in the 5.2 M2 or CR releases:

LocalConnection connection = new LocalConnection();     <=doesn't exist
ExecutionNode node = connection.getExecutionNode();    <=doesn't exist
node.setId("node");
Context jndiContext = new JndiContext();
jndiContext.bind("node", node);
CamelContext camelContext = new DefaultCamelContext(jndiContext);

Can anyone point me to some code snippets, examples, anywhere would be fine,
test cases, etc.
Literally hitting a brick wall on the web.  I see the objects in the
drools-camel library that I know I need to use; DroolsPolicy,
DroolsEndpoint...

Thanks.