[rules-users] Decision table imported into guvnor fails validation

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Wed Jun 1 15:54:52 EDT 2011

I solved this issue.  Originally I uploaded our full domain object model.
This approach works fine for our technical rules even though many of the
objects in the model aren't used directly in the rules.  However, it seems
that for decision tables, only the objects used in the decision table import
statement should be uploaded.  I created a new package and imported only the
few classes and globals needed for the decision table rules, and then Guvnor
was able to validate the uploaded spreadsheet.

This seems like a bug to me - validation of spreadsheet should not care if
my POJO model has classes that aren't used in the generated rules.  BTW I
could see that even when my spreadsheet upload did not validate, the rules
were generated correctly.