[rules-users] DROOLS PLANNER - creating starting solution

ge0ffrey ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 03:28:48 EDT 2011

KD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reading the manual I came across "Creating a starting Solution". Is there
> a way to not provide this? For a combinatorial linear model heavy with
> hard constraints and with resonably large number of binary variables,
> implementing a method that will generate this intial solution in
> reasonable amount of time is already an achievement.

For now, you have to implement the StartingSolutionInitializer (copy paste
adjust one of the examples).

For 5.3 I am working on out-of-the-box support for that. The prototypes are
working already (see my fork on github) and doing great, I just have to
implement phasing so they can be run before tabu search/SA.