[rules-users] Rule Templates - comma separated data

Witham, Darren darren.witham at citi.com
Tue Jun 21 12:34:30 EDT 2011

I have successfully generated a .drl file from a decision table. The column headers in this table made use of the forall(||) construct which happily parsed the corresponding comma separated data in the relevant spreadsheet cell to nice || separated conditions.

We have since decided to use the template approach so we can store rule data in a db. We ideally want to store this data as key/value pairs in a db table where the values may contain comma separated data. The intention being these values would be processed as per the decision table.

How is this achieved using a template ? I note that a column can be denoted as an array column by adding [] i.e.

template header
column[]

However, although this appears create an ArrayColumn parser, and splits the comma separated data when running through a debugger, any attempt to access it in the template falls over in mvel code trying to call HashMap.column

Any examples on how to set this up ?

Thx