[rules-users] Drools implementation problem

dan.dobrescu danutzdobrescu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:41:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Drools in our project, but I really don't know which
method to adopt. First of all, our project is about creating marketing
campaigns for mobile network operators. So, we've got a Web UI where we let
the user define his own rules for the campaign.. Now.. here's my problem.
Should i try to translate everything in the UI in a custom drl with a custom
agenda-name (because there can be many custum campaigns with different
flows), or should I create an object with different properties which should
reflect the chosen options in the web-ui and then use it in my rules to
create the behaviour?

If I should go with the first option, how can I store it? Should I store the
drl in Guvnor(but the models my change from time to time.. not the
attributes used in the rules, other attributes.. and I can't import several
jars from an url to have access to the models, can I?) or in DB, and the
dynamically add the rules at run-time?