[rules-users] Drools Fusion Performance Evaluation

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:11:12 EDT 2011

The standard well-established answer to this kind of question is that no
benchmark can provide a reliable basis for predicting the behaviour of any
particular application.

It's easy to benchmark the simple insertion of facts (= events) where there
is no or just a single rule; this will give you an upper threshold for
#/sec. But then it depends on the number and complexity of your rules; the
(average) number of activations that have to be created; how long firings
take; what has to be done in the WM; etc., etc.

Event processing is not different from plain fact processing - it's the very
same engine. Temporal operators are bound to be a little slower than plain
comparison operators.

-W