[rules-users] Guvnor and drools implementation - questions

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:04:05 EST 2011

2011/3/1 ioda100 <eddyhautot at gmail.com>

> Thanks for your quick answer Esteban.
>
> 1) Ok i will have a look at DSL. In fact in my map i know all the
> properties (about 200). It would be cool to be able to have a drop down list
> with all these attributes as when we do it with objects for which we gave
> Pojo to Guvnor.
>

> 2) Yes i set the global constant i my application and put it in the
> session. But when a rule fire, it has to send back a value "OK" for example
> to the application. So i use the global consatnt to do that. As you say
> guvnor don't create a working memory (needed to change the global constant),
> i have to write by hand the lines : WorkingMemory wm =
> drools.getWorkingMemory();
> wm.setGlobal("resultValue", "OK"); ?
>
> I would not change the entire global object; I would just change a field:
   global Result result;
       result.setValue( "OK ");

> i use version 5.1 of drools and guvnor.
>
> 3) ok i will stay with this solution. yes i only need to stop after the end
> of the rule that has successfully fired. I have tried other things like
> workingMemory.stop() or something like this but it was not working.

Calling fireUntilHalt() and calling halt() from an ActivationEventListener
would be a technique that doesn't require any messing with the rules.
(Except, to be on the safe side, the addition of a very low-salience rule
acting as a sentinel if nothing else fires.)

-W