[rules-users] Using Diverging gateway on Drools Server

Jon Gil jonsprogrammingemail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:07:59 EST 2011

Hi all.

Currently I have a rule flow that uses one XOR diverging gateway.  I can get
it working using some simple return true or return false, and can get it to
System.out.println as well.   However, I cannot seem to get access to the
FactModel I've passed to the rule server.

I've tried adding a variable of the same type and name, as well as importing
the class in the constraints, but I didn't really expect those to work.
I've seen in one example that I need to add mapping to a my object when I
create the server HTTP request, but when I attempt this, none of the rules
fire at all.

Is it possible to use the factModel to make decisions on the a gateway like
this? Or would it just be simpler to add some Globals that I can write to in
a rule table that will fire first?

Cheers, and thanks.