[rules-users] Process instance status not completing when using JPA.

Dan Nathanson dan at ddnconsulting.com
Mon Mar 7 14:21:21 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm seeing some odd behavior in Drools Flow 5.1.1.  When using JPA and
creating a StatefulKnowledgeSession using
JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(), processes look like they
run to completion, but calling RuleFlowProcessInstance.getState() on process
instances created froim this knowledge session returns 1 (STATE_ACTIVE).
Calling getActiveNodeIds() throws a NullPointerException.

If I get a StatefulKnowledgeSession without JPA by calling
KnowledgeBase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(), getState() returns 2
(STATE_COMPLETED).

I added KnowledgeRuntimeLoggerFactory.newConsoleLogger(knowledgeSession) and
can see in both cases that the process is complete.

Has this been seen before?  Is it a known bug?  Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Dan Nathanson