[rules-users] Need clarifications on business rules

Vkishore_Kumar Vkishore_Kumar at mahindrasatyam.com
Tue Mar 8 02:20:38 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a requirement to migrate some business rules from WebSphere Process Server (WPS) to the equivalent product of JBoss . The current functionality implemented on WPS is

1.       Execute appropriate conditions like if-else and decision tables based on the content in the request message

2.       The business rules can invoke an internal/external SOAP/HTTP web service based on the rule logic

3.       The business rules can invoke an email adapter which in turn fires emails as needed

4.       Eventually expose the business rules to external world as a SOAP/HTTP web service. This enables clients to invoke the business rules from a remote machine via SOAP/HTTP.

There are many products in JBoss suite like JBos Rules, JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform, JBoss Enterprise BRMS, JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite etc.

Could anyone please suggest me what is the right product in JBoss suite using which I can build the same logic that I have built on WPS? Kindly let me know if you need any further details from my end for you to understand the requirement better.

Thanks & Regards
Kishore

DISCLAIMER: