[rules-users] Best approach for handling parallel requests for a stateful rules session

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 16:06:47 EST 2011

They submit the commands to an execution queue, and they're executed in the order received in a thread safe manner.  And note there's an asyncFireAllRules() method, so you can time when rules fire.  As for whether objects are fed into working memory while rules are firing, I'm not sure, but that would be easy to test. (Just create rules that cause an infinite loop with low salience, start them up, and try to insert more data that trigger rules of a higher salience.)  Or maybe a dev will reply with a conclusive answer. :)