[rules-users] Is it possible to Iteriate over a list of string values ?

groovenarula gnarula1 at la-z-boy.com
Wed Mar 9 01:19:16 EST 2011

Hello all,

In one of my use cases, I need to insert a variable collections of facts
into working memory in order to be able to test for those values later :

So I was wondering if there's a way to do something like this

    when
        $vals : String() from [ "A 12345", "B 45678", "C 8695" ]
    then
         insert ( new Fact ( $vals ) );

With the intention that the rule will fire 3 times and insert the 3 new
facts with the values " A 12345" and "B 45678" and "C 8695".

Is this possible using rules or do I have to resort to using functions. The
problem I'm trying to overcome is to see if there's a way to get the  "A
12345", "B 45678", "C 8695"  from a single cell of a spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance,