[rules-users] Is it possible to Iteriate over a list of string values ?

groovenarula gnarula1 at la-z-boy.com
Wed Mar 9 07:07:11 EST 2011

All,

Thanks for the quick responses.

Mantis, I did try using from [ "one","two","three" ] syntax, but it did not
work. It gave me a parser error.

Basically I need to create a spreadsheet reader that inserts values into WM
before reasoning over them. The spreadsheet that the users are currently
using for their own internal use look something like this :

    XXX      YYY       "one,two,three"

where XXX, YYY will be in 2 individual cells that will hold the values for
one fact, and the "one,two,three" will be in a third cell will from which I
need to create separate instances for each value of fact #2.

I'm trying to see if there's a way to use the current spreadsheet without
changing it drastically. That will make the solution a lot more acceptable.

W - Can you please elaborate on your last statement :

It's doable from a spreadsheet, using the "forall" substitution.

If I'm not mistake that's what I would use if it's a decision table - Would
I be able to use 'forall' even if I'm using a template to insert the facts ?

I'll try the different solution and see what fits the best. But if you can
please elaborate on this, it will help.

Thanks