[rules-users] New Questions about drools

Carlos Santiago Moreno ingcsmoreno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:59:13 EST 2011

Hi There! I have been reading some more about Drools, Guvnor, and JBPM5, and
I have a few new doubts, that I couldn't get solved from the documentation I
read. And here they are:

1) When rules are entered through the UI are they immediately added to the
rule base?

2) Does the edit UI require code to define new entities and associated
metadata?

3) What would our interface look like if we called it as a service for only
rule evaluation?

4) What is the rule scoping mechanism. That is, how do I say "evaluate this
set of information against
ruleset Q"?

5) I'm concerned about the "then" clause. It looks like it is always code.
If our "then" always consists of
assignments to some set of variables or parameters, what does the person
writing rules see?

6) Can I define a new workflow and connect it into some dispatcher for
invokation without writing any code and without stopping or upgrading the
app?

Thanks for your help.

Carlos S. Moreno