[rules-users] New to Drools. Is it possible to test inverse conditions?

Manuel Ortiz manuel.ortizramos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:12:22 EST 2011

Dear Mauricio:

Thank you very much for your quick response.

If I understood Drools rules documentation, not(Person(age > 30)) means
"There is no Person fact in working memory with age > 30". Isn't it?

I would like to write in DRL "Retrieve Person facts in working memory with
age not greater than 30", not as

Person (age <= 30), but using "age > 30" as this is the string that the user
will provide.

I think it should be some way to do this in DRL. If not, I will have to
implement some kind of "inverse condition translator", which converts
restrictions to their opposites, something like

invertContition("age > 30") returns "age <= 30". I would like not to write
this kind of translator.

Thank you again for your time.

Regards,

Manuel Ortiz