[rules-users] is is possible to insert facts into working memory from functions ?

groovenarula gnarula1 at la-z-boy.com
Thu Mar 10 22:26:03 EST 2011

Hello all,

As the title states, I need to create new facts and insert them into working
memory from a function. Is it possible to do that ? I tried to create a
function with 'KnowledgeHelper' as a parameter and my rule file failed to
compile. Then I even tried to reference 'drools' instance variable from
within a function and that failed to compile too.

So if this is possible, I'd appreciate it if someone can shed some light on
this !

Thanks in advance,