[rules-users] Drools verifier

Toni Rikkola toni.rikkola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:10:32 EDT 2011

Yes it can often be ignored and we need some configuration to silence the unwanted warnings. The current way is best for use cases like the decision table verification in Guvnor.

Age is a good example. Person's age can't be less than 0 or more than 120. The top number is difficult. 120 is pretty safe, but usually you should be suspicious from ~90.
So in the configurations you could set:
Person.age 0-90 => check that they are covered
Person.age 90-120 => check them, but make a notification

You can of course do this today with custom verification rules. Just use a clean verifier base and add your own verifier rules.

Toni