[rules-users] How to trigger a certain task within an ad-hoc subprocess

Wen Yao yao.wen85 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:59:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am implementing an ad-hoc subprocess similar to the one described in the
Drools&jBPM blog:
http://planet.jboss.org/view/post.seam;jsessionid=24F0449616816E6271113E18D5F36643?post=unstructured_ad_hoc_processes

I am using BPMN 2.0 and drools 5.1

After I created a embedded subprocess, I changed the xml element to
adHocSubProcess and added a rulegroup associated with this subprocess.

My question is, how can I trigger one of the tasks (or process fragments) in
the ad-hoc subprocess? The following function can only be used to trigger a
reusable subprocess:
drools.getWorkingMemory().startProcess("org.drools.examples.cdss.ClinicalPathwayX"),
instead of isolated tasks/fragments in the adhoc subprocess.

Further, can this be done in the java class using API, instead of using
rules?

Any help will be appreciated, better with examples. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
----
Wen