[rules-users] Basic doubt regarding Drools Fusion - @expires

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:37:55 EDT 2011

   By default, Drools does not start any internal thread, so that you can
embed it in non-multithread applications or in JEE containers. That means
that the actual release of events in such cases depends on triggers. In your
example, after 1h has passed, whenever something happens to the session (a
new rule is fired, a new event is inserted, the session clock is advanced,
etc), the event will be expired as part of the action. Remember though that
it only happens when running in STREAM mode. In CLOUD mode, event garbage
collection does not make sense and will not happen.

  Edson