[rules-users] drools design question

marunam sutavis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:20:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

We are developing an insurance application and we have decided to use drool
rules for our business rules
Now, we could have global business rules(applies to all states), specific to
state, specific to factor X, specific to factor Y etc. This way we are
expecting many drl files.

Now, when the application runs, we would know the values for state, factor
X, factor Y etc. and using these values we would determine(using database)
which drl files to load dynamically and just run the rules in those drls.

Is this approach recommended? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks