[rules-users] Problems with Guided Rule Editor in Eclipse

drdaveg drdaveg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 01:04:43 EDT 2011

In experimenting with my own "Guided editor" files I am trying both the
"Fact" and "Condition sentences" to use the Guided editor in Eclipse without
typing any DRL or Java by prospective business users. I have a Java project
with classes that are imported by a rule project with drools.package (and
the imports), a dsl file, and a guided rule (.brl) file.

The most obvious odd thing is that when using while the "Fact" menu, the
menu is populated correctly, but my int field is being surrounded by quotes
in the translated drl (i.e., it is translated as a string).  This is despite
the fact that relational operators are presented for the field, but string
operators for string fields.