[rules-users] drools design question

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 03:52:20 EDT 2011

You could hold them all in a single KnowledgeBase with "State", "FactorY"
and "FactorX" as Facts themselves checked in the Rules' RHS.

You could still have multiple DRL files (to aid authoring and maintenance)
but load them all at once. The RETE network shares nodes for patterns shared
across multiple rules. If your DRLs therefore share RHS patterns (e.g.
simplistically State XX premium for criteria A = 100, State YY premium for
criteria A = 110) the "criteria" patterns will be shared.

With kind regards,

Mike