[rules-users] Drools Introduction Documentation --

Imaad Ghouri imaad.ghouri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:31:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There is no reason why i started building from the
source. I just started with the drools introduction.
Section 3.1
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-introduction/html_single/index.html#d0e1934

I would certainly go with the easiest way to get started with drools. Kindly
tell me from where I can download the binary distribution.
I am not able to find it.

This is what I have done so far:

1). Installed Eclipse GEF.
2). Installed drools plugin
3). Installed svn, maven and ant. Added bin's in PATH variable (java, ant
maven).
4). Check out drools source code through svn

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/

Also, I will appreciate if some one tell me the road map for newbies. Or
staring with given drools documentation is just fine ?

Thanks in advance,

isg

2011/3/17 Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com>

> Is there any reason why you don't start with the binary distributions?
> Building from the source requires some experience.
>
> The message indicates that some tests failed; the reason(s) can be found in
> files at the indicated location. You could try the build with skipping the
> tests, add -DskipTests to the mvn call.
> -W
>

> 2011/3/18 Imaad Ghouri <imaad.ghouri at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am a newbie and have just started with drools with documentation:
>>
>> http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-introduction/html_single/index.html
>>
>> 1). I am at section 3.4 and got the attached exception while I run the
>> maven command:
>>
>> mvn -Declipse -Ddocumentation clean install -DlocalEclipseDrop=/folder/jboss-drools/local-Eclipse-drop-mirror
>>
>> 2). I am new in the community so i appreciate if some one guide me how to
>> start other than drools documentation so I can start in a right fashion.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Imaad Ghouri

Regards,