[rules-users] Sliding windows and event retraction

jwillans2 james.willans at ceteva.com
Mon Mar 21 17:07:13 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using sliding windows in the form:

Obj(..) over window:length(1) from entry-point EP1

Where many events are being inserted into EP1.  Reading the documentation I
expected Drools to infer from the window length that all events on EP1 apart
from the latest one can be retracted, is this correct?  The reason I ask is
that I am not seeing retraction of events from EP1 when I debug the session,
and I am see behaviour which suggests the rule is firing against old events
on the entry point.

Basically I want to get to simulate that an entry point can only contain one
event at any point in time and that this event is the latest one to arrive.

Thanks,

James