[rules-users] Merge repository in Guvnor and editing brl with eclipse plugin

David Faulkner david.faulkner at amentra.com
Tue Mar 22 15:53:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

My understanding is that there is no way to import/export sections of the repository in the manner that you describe. One way that you could achieve a similar outcome is to use the WebDAV interface that Guvnor provides. You can access the exposed files on instance 1 and then copy them to instance 2; Guvnor will load those files into the repository. Please note that not all functionality of Guvnor is available through WebDAV! I'm trying to be politically correct in my response here, but many people, including myself, have found it frustrating that the metadata attached to rules in Guvnor is not available via WebDAV or REST. My understanding is that even the Eclipse plugin uses the WebDAV interface, but my information on that could be outdated or incorrect.

I unfortunately have no advice on the Eclipse issue.

David Faulkner
david.faulkner at amentra.com