[rules-users] Can we point to db repository url directly in ChangeSet.xml

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:35:26 EDT 2011

The repository used by Guvnor is not a database but an implementation of JCR
(Content Repository for Java Technology).

We currently support Apache Jackrabbit and IIRC JBoss Modeshape from
5.2.0.M1 as an option (if not in an earlier version). Whilst it is possible
to configure either of these JCR implementations to persist to a RDBMS
instead of a FileSystem, I believe the table content is a (proprietary)
binary form at not easily integrated. Consequentially we only expose the
facility to download rule packages through the channels you state.

With kind regards,

Mike