[rules-users] Can we point to db repository url directly in ChangeSet.xml

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 18:57:41 EDT 2011

Since Drools 5.1 if you secure Guvnor, you need also authenticate to get
resources from Guvnor. In your change-set.xml you can do something like
this:

<change-set xmlns='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set'
xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xs:schemaLocation='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set
drools-change-set-5.0.xsd' >
<add>
<resource
source='http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/defaultPackage/LATEST'
type='PKG' basicAuthentication="enabled" username="admin" password="admin"
/>
</add>
</change-set>

For your JBoss ESB - specific question, take a look at quickstart
example
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossesb/trunk/product/samples/quickstarts/business_ruleservice_ruleAgent/,
and specifically the properties file used:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossesb/trunk/product/samples/quickstarts/business_ruleservice_ruleAgent/ruleAgent/brmsdeployedrules-unfiltered.properties

The properties file is read in by DroolsRuleAgentHelper.java (
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossesb/trunk/product/services/jbrules/src/main/java/org/jboss/internal/soa/esb/services/rules/DroolsRuleAgentHelper.java
), so going along with that example, to add basic authentication and
pass in username/password you should be able to  have (not last three
lines):

newInstance=true
#file=@quickstart.dir@/ruleAgent/package/org.jboss.soa.esb.services.rules.pkg
#dir=/ruleAgent/package