[rules-users] Sliding windows and event retraction

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:51:29 EDT 2011

On 23 March 2011 21:11, jwillans2 <james.willans at ceteva.com> wrote:

> Any help with the query below would be much appreciated.  I am assuming
> that
> event retraction is not automatic using the pattern below, however I am
> trying to come by an approach to ensuring only one event exists on an entry
> point at any moment in time.  One thought was that when a rule inserts a
> new
> event, it first retracts the previous event, although I think that a rule
> cannot have state and can therefore not maintain a handle to the previously
> inserted event?

But a fact can have state. Event() is the event.

declare Window
  event: Event
end

rule createWindow
when
  $e:  Event()
  not Window()
then
  insert( new Window( $e ) );
end

rule pushWindow
when
    $e:  Event()
    $w: Window()
then
   retract( kcontext.getKnowledgeRuntime().getFactHandle( $e.getEvent() ) );
   modify( $w ){ setWindow( $e ) );