[rules-users] accumulate min over java.util.Date

jkrupka jkrupka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:07:06 EDT 2011

Should I be able to do an accumulate min over java.util.Date objects?  Like
this:
$minDate : Date() from accumulate(MyFact ($startDate : startDate),
					min($startDate))

I would have thought so, but when I try it, I'm getting:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Date cannot be cast to
java.lang.Number
	at
org.drools.base.accumulators.MinAccumulateFunction.accumulate(MinAccumulateFunction.java:76)

If it should work, then it's possible I'm doing something else wrong, but
everything looks correct to me.  I can always work around it by getting the
milliseconds from the Date object and doing the min over that... it's just
not as clean looking.