[rules-users] [Drools Interest] Dynamic rule loading from DB

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:52:21 EDT 2011

The easiest suggestion would be to store DRL in your database ;)

These is a (dieing) BRL XML format but I believe its use is discouraged (as
it's essentially an XStream output of a object model).

You could also look at writing a persistence layer over FactModel which is
the foregoing object model; to re-hydrate direct from structured database
tables with an ORM.

Looking however at your example rules; I believe the simplest approach would
be to write your own parser that generates DRL.

Have you considered Guvnor which would suit your needs ideally?

With kind regards,

Mike