[rules-users] execute Rules selectively

Benson Fung benson.redhat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:35:45 EDT 2011

I see what you mean.  You are right, that means when the fact A is
inserted , the rule engine will come up an agenda which is A()
related, right?

OK, let's take in another way.  If A is one of a variable of a Fact
say X(), then only the 3 rules evaluate the A variable of the Fact X()
in the 1000 rules of rulebase.  How can I only execute the 3 rules
programmatically?

In fact, the problem comes from the legacy window program.  When we
develop the old window program, we can add lots of field validation of
the field by right clicking the edit box, right?  Right now, we need
to migrate to java-based solution and use the BRMS to store those
validation rules.  The above 3 rules were put in the validation rules
of the edit field of the window program, and now I put these 3 rules
into the BRMS and revamp the window program frontend to whatever
html/GWT/ZK frontend now.

If cannot get what I mean, please tell me and I try to describe again.

Thank you very much and thanks for your patience.

Benson