[rules-users] accumulate min over java.util.Date

jkrupka jkrupka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:51:09 EDT 2011

Ok so the take-away I get is that the docs could be updated since I'm sure
many others like myself have assumed that the min or max accumulate
functions will work for anything comparable.  And yes, it would certainly be
easy to write your own minDate accumulate function, or implement the min
functionality just inside the accumulate (rather than using a accumulate
function that does it for you).  It would be more of a nice to have to have
a pre-built accumulate function that works on comparable objects - making
rules cleaner and easier especially for new rules writers - but certainly
accomplishing the same task without them is no problem.

Thanks again for the tips and discussion.