[rules-users] Rule storage

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Mon Mar 28 10:37:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

Tx agaiin for the clarification on the .xml file. It makes a lot more sense,
now.

Bulk update is indeed not provided, I was hoping to have a look at the way
the rules were stored (probably plain drl, or isn't it?) to assess what
effort a bulk update would take.

If you mean by your last statement to have rules that set the initial base
price, and afterwards add rules to modify the base price (when beverage(),
then b.augmentBasePrice(5)), I absolutely agree it is the best solution,
implementation-wise.

Regarding rule management and governance, there are a few issues that might
arise.
     1) It is more difficult to get a view on your base prices
     2) What if base prices are adapted manually to the desired level? Which
"adaptation rules" need to be deleted or changed?

I am not saying that this should be basic functionality of a brms, neither
am I very fond of the requirement myself. As it shifts the burden of work
from the business to the more technical people :-)

Regards,
Frank