[rules-users] Rule storage

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Tue Mar 29 03:18:31 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs Manstis and Mister X. Out of pure gratitude, I will
make sure your name remains unspoken :-).

This is my second attempt to write a reply, some weird thing happened during
the previous one. I hope it does not suddenly show up on the message board.

There surely is something in the DSL approach. Using DSL that way, you
copuld actually replace variables by a possibly more flexible alternative.

However, there are some drawbacks as well, as there will still be some
manageablility issues. Suppose prices go up by 5% in year X and by another
2% in year Y. This would mean you have to do some calculations in order to
get your DSL straight. Also, you would need to know which groups could be
bulk updated in the future. If there are some corss-overs, that might
complicate things as well.

Providing you can control versioning, I guess a more direct approach might
be the way to go.

But no need to worry about that, you helped me a lot gaining more insight,
especially the silent one.

Thanks,
Frank