[rules-users] The update function inside a rule

marc marc.strabin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 06:47:11 EDT 2011

I was using only one fireAllRules() after insert(message) and not
fireUntilHalt(). But is should be enough : as the rule change & update the
fact, the rule is applied again (10 seconds later, and not 1second).

With fireUntilHalt() the rule work fine (and without timer)... but it burns
the CPU (the java process reach 50% on a bi-proc) while a simple call to
fireAllRues() after the timer update use nothing... This doesn't make sense
to me because the drools engine is only notified of a fact modification only
1 time per second (the timer update), so it should only fire all rules a
this moment and that all (just like a fireAllRules() after the
update(SimpleClock) does), so why does it takes so much CPU ? I can post the
code but I should open a other thread because it not the same "problem" ?

About adding log to trace the values of endDate, the traces show correct
values. But it doesn't trace the value viewed by the drools engine itself
wich could be different (just as if I don't do an update() after a
modification)

Marc