[rules-users] Some question about Drools

Carlos Santiago Moreno ingcsmoreno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:19:19 EDT 2011

Hi everyone, I have been working out with Drools, and a few more doubts have
appeared.

In Guvnor, each rule is defined inside a package. When you create a new rule
you must define the package where it belongs. Guvnor doesn't create any
kbase, you can see a package (in Guvnor) like a DRL file split in  different
parts: the imports, the globals, each rule, etc. So Guvnor is only in charge
of maintain different versions of that DRLs.
1) Can this be done dynamically? I meant, will the workflow change as soon
as I save the new rules on any pre-existing package?

If I declare the entities in Guvnor, this will use the "declare" keyword to
define a New Data Type. Now...
2) Would this allow me to add workflow steps and rules as well as general
data entities?

and, the last one

3) What should I have in me interface to be able to use Drools as me rules
engine? I don't get it yet...

And if you can recomend me any web site with information about all this
things it'll be nice.

Thanks

Carlos S. Moreno