[rules-users] Question on modeling facts

Wendy Mungovan w.mungovan at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 07:56:08 EDT 2011

How many train stops are you talking about?  If it is only a few it might not
matter if you don't have the many trains.

When you are writing your rule if you narrow down by matching schedule first and
then comparing all the stops that might help.  An alternative to comparing two
collections in drools would be to write a custom function that could do some
simple checks first like make sure that the size of both lists are the same.
Another option if the list of train stops is a POJO itself is to make its
hashkey so that two lists with the same values will have matching hashkeys.

Wendy