[rules-users] guvnor repository export zip corrupted... debugging ideas?

Permar, Justin jpermar at cardinalsolutions.com
Tue May 10 12:41:00 EDT 2011

Good afternoon,

We have an interesting issue that's recently popped up in our Drools Guvnor 5.1.0 war deployment. When we use the Guvnor webapp to download the repository as a zip export (or, alternatively, GET /org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/backup), the download completes, but the zip file is corrupted (i.e., cannot be opened with 7-Zip). Taking a look at the code (https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/master/guvnor-webapp/src/main/java/org/drools/guvnor/server/files/RepositoryBackupServlet.java ), I can't see any obvious problem. The only thought that came to mind is that the the servlet never performs an res.getOutputStream().close(), but then again, this servlet has worked fine for us in other deployments. Moreover, no errors are either displayed to the user (I noticed that the "doGet" method returns any exceptions over the OutputStream) or logged to file.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to continue debugging this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Justin

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
private, confidential and/or privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original e-mail message.